Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Round-up

What I did:
     I did an application of Roundup today.

Comments:
     No buds of any kind showing yet, only on the black currants.  So I decided to do an application of roundup, since it was mostly sunny though cool (low sixties).  I had to stop about 3/4 of the way through, though, as I became aware of bees all over the grass.  It has been really dry here, and we had a little sprinkle overnight and the bees are desperate for any moisture.  They were tonguing the mud under the vines.  I hope they were not hurt by my spraying.  I stopped until later in the afternoon, when the bees were no longer on the grass.  They were certainly out and about, though.
     I also tied up a few loose ends and noted several that I need to go back and trim a bit better.  Seems like I always miss some shoots the first time through.

No comments:

Post a Comment