Monday, June 6, 2011

Third Spray

What I Did:
     Spray with combination of Quintec and Captan

Comments:
     It was a bit of a windy day and very warm (94 degrees), which was a bit of a shock after spending last week in Northern Minnesota where we had the furnace on a couple days, but I decided I needed to spray anyway.  It turned out not to be too bad and the spray went on well.
Nice clusters on DeChaunac
     I did spray under and around the vines with Roundup yesterday as well.  It was calm and I removed any low growth around the base of the vines.  Weeds were really growing, though I had thought a couple weeks ago things were in pretty good shape in that regard.  I was wrong.
Flowers on Frontenac
     Some vines have produced a strong secondary bloom, and you can see the flowers in the photo above while other fruit have firmly set on.  The Concords are already close to needing some canopy management.  That may be necessary in the next two weeks.
     All the young plants seem to be doing well.  The Cayuga Whites, in their second year, show strong growth.  They aren't doing much horizontally but are really shooting up.
A Cayuga White, growing vertically



No comments:

Post a Comment